At Mycorrhizal Applications (MA), we are dedicated to sustainability by providing the agriculture, horticulture, landscaping, and forestry industries with efficient and effective microbial-based biorational solutions. As the world’s leading manufacturer and supplier of mycorrhizal soil inoculants, MA researches, produces, and markets mycorrhizal fungi which accelerate plant strength by greatly increasing the surface absorbing area of roots, producing a healthier root system. These specialized fungi colonize plant roots to create a symbiotic root-and-mycelial network within the surrounding soils, increasing efficiency in nutrient and water absorption to optimize plant health and vigor. MA’s MycoApply line of mycorrhizal inoculants is utilized by landscapers, farmers, forest nurseries, restoration & erosion control specialists, greenhouses, soil media manufacturers, and professional horticulturalists to maximize plant success and improve return on investment. MA is a wholly owned subsidiary of Valent BioSciences Corporation.
Science Helping Your Plants Grow Better, Naturally!
Mycorrhizal Applications is a company that is committed to Mother Earth, customer service, quality products, sound science, sustainable progress, and ultimately, our goal to “Change Your World.” We believe that the people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do, and we are just that kind of crazy.
As the world’s largest producer of beneficial mycorrhizal fungi, we are proud of the contribution our MycoApply products are making to improve the sustainability of our planet, the nutritional quality of food, and the ability to feed our growing population, while reducing the need for petrochemicals and fossil fuels, as well as the need for irrigation, and ultimately reducing erosion and pollution of our water resources and improving plant establishment on degraded and even desertified lands. By respecting, honoring, and promoting the natural symbioses that plants rely upon in nature, we are re-establishing, promoting, and supporting living soils worldwide.
At Mycorrhizal Applications, we harness the power and wisdom of natural systems to promote living soils and increase quality, productivity, and health in all industries involving soils, plants, and people.
Who We Are
The Mycorrhizal Applications team embodies the values and mission of our company. We are a passionate and dedicated team of professionals who work hard to offer innovative biorational products of the highest possible quality and efficacy. Based in the outdoor recreation paradise that we call Grants Pass, OR, our team is also passionate about playing hard in the great outdoors, while preserving the ecosystem services that undisturbed nature has to offer. Known as the “Rogue Valley,” our region of Southern Oregon is recognized for innovative “outside the box” thinking, and our crew is no exception! And just as we seek to promote symbioses in nature, we highlight and cultivate the skills of our diverse team to create our own Mycorrhizal Applications flavor of symbiotic synergy.
Interested in joining our awesome and dynamic team?
Visit our Careers Page to view our current positions: Click Here
Mycorrhizal Applications was founded in 1995 by Dr. Mike and Eileen Amaranthus, with a focus on producing ectomycorrhizal slurries for use in forest restoration. The company subsequently developed in vitro and in vivo methods for producing a diverse array of ecto- and endomycorrhizal spores for use in many applications, including agriculture, turf management, landscaping, and professional horticulture. Mycorrhizal Applications quickly grew into the largest manufacturer of commercially-available mycorrhizal products in the world.
- In 1995, Mycorrhizal Applications was established in the Amaranthus’ garage
- In 1998, the company moved into its first official office on “D” Street in Grants Pass, OR
- In 1999, Mycorrhizal Applications branched out beyond the forestry industry, and added endomycorrhizae into its product mix
- In 2002, the company moved to its first large-scale production and office building on “E” Street in Grants Pass, OR
- In 2004, Mycorrhizal Applications entered into the agriculture industry with its MycoApply Micronized Endo product being utilized as a seed coat, kick starting the next growth phase for the company
- In 2012, the new eco-friendly headquarters facility opened in Grants Pass, OR
- In 2013, the new Production Facility opened in Grants Pass, OR, in order to build upon the company campus and make room for continued growth
- In 2015, Mycorrhizal Applications became a wholly owned subsidiary of Valent BioSciences Corporation, a Sumitomo Chemical Company
- 2016 and Beyond: We are taking our biorational technology worldwide!